Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sweet Memories!

We've had some pretty special events happening over here lately!  My son who just turned eight made the decision to get baptized.  It was such a special day.  My friend Sherri took these pictures of him in his brand new suit, he looks so handsome!


His baptism went great.  It was so nice to have all our family here for the special occasion.


One more cute picture!


Also, my little sister and her sweet family were sealed together in the Salt Lake Temple.  It was so special to be able to be there and see her and her husband and sweet children sealed together for eternity.  (Hope she doesn't kill me for putting a picture of her on my blog.)  It was too sweet not to share.




This is a picture of the Salt Lake Temple that I took from the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial building.


So as you can see, there have been some pretty important events around here and sewing has been on the back burner.  About all I've done is wash and iron these soon to be burp cloths!

And I bought some of this pretty fabric that I've had my eye on forever.  I bought it over at sew deerly loved, probably my favorite online shop to buy fabric.

Hopefully soon I will get some time to work with this pretty fabric.  I've got about a zillion things I want to make out of it.   Including this, and this!

6 comments:

Delle said...

I love your memories - and that picture of the temple is fabulous!!! Gorgeous fabric too, and as for the sewing part, Hymn #216 pops into my mind!

Mimi Sue said...

So happy for your cute family! I love that pic of the temple too. Mimi

Sherri said...

I lOVE your temple picture!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Sweet photos. Can't wait to see the burp cloths.

onlymehere said...

What very special times these are for your family. My daughter is getting married June 2nd but has chosen to be married civilly so I pray one day to see her on the temple steps after being sealed to her husband and/or family.

Just wanted you to know that I got my fabric from the FQS! I waited until payday so I could order all I needed for the quilt top. I can't believe how fast her shipping was and she even went the extra step of enclosing it in a plastic bag inside the mailer which was great bz our mail carrier is the worst and it arrived all open on one corner! Thanks so much again. I actually just ordered the backing from her after I saw the actual fabric. I'll be a repeat customer for sure!

Congrats to your little guy to on his decision to be baptized! He's adorable.

Unknown said...

Just love the gobble gobble table topper. Was wondering where I would purchase the fabric for this. I have looked everywhere I can think of, can't find. I haven't been sewing for to long, so I don't have a stash yet.